Nowadays setting up a blog is as easy as writing a shopping list. You just need to write down some basic information and off you go. Then comes the difficult but most important part: CONTENTS.
If you do not write, you have already wasted your time, unless you plan to become a blog designer.
So, first of all my main focus is not to waste my time. I have run blogs before, and my main problem was that I didn't have any specific goals about the direction of my writings. Eventually I felt I was going nowhere and I pulled the plug.
Lets start with some ideas on how to get this blog going...
- Collaborative blogging. It would be cool to have more than one person participating with writing articles. I believe that would make things more diverse and interesting.
- Band of the week. Write about the good and (hopefully not) bad things about a band and their music. The point would be to start a discussion through user comments.
- Reviews. These can be very time consuming if they are done well.
- Concerts. For family reasons I more or less never have the opportunity to go to concerts, but maybe readers (if any exists in the future) go and would like to share the experience.
- Web site review. Write about any web site that has prog contents.
- Other. If you read this, feel free to give more suggestions.